I am a Guest Professor in the DistriNet research group.
Ph.D. positions are available on cybersecurity-related topics.
PGP Key fingerprint: 665B 5269 650D 353D FCC9 F56B CA99 C339 3E38 4905
My main research interests are security, policy and risk, and how to manage/monitor and enforce/control these from an infrastructure perspective.
Active research topics:
- methods and metrics for quantification of the policy compliance level at run-time
assurance processes, risk management and related standards
- policy enforcement and assurance strategies (with emphasis on interception and collection in loosely coupled environments) and the associated translation and aggregation methods
- security in federated sensor networks (WSN)
- cybercrime and forensics
Previously I worked around multicast on unidirectonal networks and large-scale management and monitoring of security infrastructures.
[01 02] until further notice Security of Networks and Computer Systems
[10 11] [11 12] Computer Networks
Conferences and Workshops
2014 PC CMS 15th Joint IFIP TC6 and TC11 Conference on Communications and Multimedia Security
2013 PC CMS 14th Joint IFIP TC6 and TC11 Conference on Communications and Multimedia Security
2013 PC EUSPN The 4th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks
2012 PC MetriSec International Workshop on Security Measurements and Metrics
2012 PC CMS 13th Joint IFIP TC6 and TC11 Conference on Communications and Multimedia Security
2011 TPC CHAIR NESEA The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Networked Embedded Systems for Enterprise Applications
2011 PC C4E International Workshop on Clouds for Enterprises
2011 PC CMS 12th Joint IFIP TC6 and TC11 Conference on Communications and Multimedia Security
2010 PC MetriSec International Workshop on Security Measurements and Metrics
2010 GEN. CHAIR NESEA The 1st IEEE International Conference on Networked Embedded Systems for Enterprise Applications
2010 PC ArchiteCloud The International Workshop of Software Architecture Principles for and with Cloud Computing
2009 PC MetriSec International Workshop on Security Measurements and Metrics
I consult privately on middleware, network and systems security and operational risk control tools, primarely providing support for requirements analysis and architectural design. This work often centers around large-scale monitoring or interception infrastructures, including the data processing and visualization techniques.
- Christophe Huygens, Danny Hughes, Bert Lagaisse, Wouter Joosen, Streamlining development for Networked Embedded Systems using multiple paradigms, IEEE Software, volume 27, issue 5, pages 45-52, September 2010
- Christophe Huygens, Nelson Matthys, Wouter Joosen, Optimizing resource and data security in shared sensor networks, Security and Communication Networks, 14 June 2011
- Christophe Huygens, Nelson Matthys, Jef Maerien, Wouter Joosen, Hughes Danny, Building blocks for secure multiparty federated wireless sensor networks, Proceedings of the 7th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference, IWCMC 2011, pages 2021-2027, Istanbul, 5-8 July 2011
- Christophe Huygens, Nelson Matthys, Wouter Joosen, Optimized resource access control in shared sensor networks, International ICST Conference, MobiSec, 2010
- Christophe Huygens, Wouter Joosen, Federated and shared use of sensor networks through security middleware, Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations (ITNG'09), pages 1005-1011, Las Vegas, 26-29 April 2009