I am an associated professor at the Department of Computer Science at KU Leuven where I am member of the DistriNet research group. I divide my time between the Kulak Campus in Kortrijk and the Campus in Heverlee. My main research interest is in software engineering of self-adaptive systems Self-adaptation endows a software system with the capability to adapt itself autonomously to deal with uncertain operating conditions, such as dynamics in the availability of resources, faults that are difficult to predict, and changing user goals. With my PhD students, we study formalisms and design models to realize and assure self-adaptation for different quality goals. We are particularly interested in how we can exploit the design models at runtime to provide assurances for the required adaptation goals. We apply both architecture-based and control-based approaches to realise self-adaptation. We have a particular interest in decentralized systems, where adaptation needs to be realized by multiple feedback loops. I am also partime affiliated with Linnaeus University Sweden, where I worked fulltime as a professor from March 2011 till September 2015. Before that, I was postdoc researcher at KU Leuven, funded by the Research Foundation Flanders. I received a Ph.D in Computer Science in 2006 from the KU Leuven for research on software architecture and middleware for multi-agent systems.
- Claus Pahl, Pooyan Jamshidi, Danny Weyns, Cloud Architecture Continuity: Change Models and Change Rules for Sustainable Cloud Software Architectures, Journal of Software - Evolution and Process, 2017
- M. Usman Iftikhar, Danny Weyns, Towards runtime statistical model checking for self-adaptive systems, Technical Report (CW Reports), volume CW693, Department of Computer Science, KU Leuven, August 2016
- Matthias Galster, Danny Weyns, Empirical Research in Software Architecture - How far have we come? - Supplementary Material, Technical Report (CW Reports), volume CW691, Department of Computer Science, KU Leuven, February 2016
- Sara Mahdavi-Hezavehi, Paris Avgeriou, Danny Weyns, A Classification Framework of Uncertainty in Architecture-Based Self-Adaptive Systems with Multiple Quality Requirements, , 2016
- Danny Weyns, Usman Iftikhar, Model-based Simulation at Runtime for Self-adaptive Systems, Proceeding Models at Runtime, Würzburg 2016, pages 1-9, Würzburg, 18 July 2016