Bert LagaisseBert Lagaisse is a post-doctoral researcher at the department of computer science of the K.U.Leuven (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven). He is a member of the DistriNet research group, in which he manages a portfolio of applied research projects on cloud technologies and on security middleware. in close collaboration with industry partners of DistriNet.
Bert obtained his MsC in computer science at K.U.Leuven in 2003. Back then he worked on a comparison between J2EE and .NET, focusing on multi-tier architectures and on security services . In 2009, Bert finished his PhD in computer science with a dissertation on customization of enterprise middleware platforms using aspect-oriented and component-based software development techniques.
Bert has a strong interest in distributed systems, in enterprise middleware, cloud platforms and security services. Furthermore, Bert is an active .NET developer for mobile cloud applications in the consumer domain as well as the enterprise domain.
- Bert Lagaisse, Wouter Joosen, Aspectual dependencies: towards pure black-box aspect-oriented composition in component models, How dark should a component black-box be ?, pages 36-45, Berlin, Germany, July 31, 2007
- Bert Lagaisse, Wouter Joosen, True and transparent distributed composition of aspect-components, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volume 4290/2006, pages 41-62, November 2006
- Bert Lagaisse, Wouter Joosen, Decomposition into elementary pointcuts: a design principle for improved aspect reusability, Software Engineering Properties of Languages and Aspect Technologies, Bonn, Germany, March 21, 2006
- Bert Lagaisse, Wouter Joosen, Component-based open middleware supporting aspect-oriented software composition, 8th International Symposium on Component-Based Softwave Engineering, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volume 3489, pages 139-154, 2005
- Bert Lagaisse, Wouter Joosen, Bart De Win, Managing semantic interference with aspect integration contracts, International Workshop on Software-Engineering Properties of Languages for Aspect Technologies, Lancaster, United Kingdom, March 22-26, 2004