I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Computer Science of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium.
I am a member of the Security: Development processes And Middleware taskforce of the DistriNet Research Group.
My main research interests are security and privacy in software engineering.
I have been involved in the E-HIP project, the Share4Health project, BraveHealth project and the O'Care Clouds project. In all these projects, I focused on data protection in an e-health setting. In the TRU-BLISS project, I worked on the development of a cyber security maturity model.
LINDDUN is our in-house developed Privacy by Design framework which was developed and empirically validated during my PhD.
Our team is continuously working on applying, validating, and improving the LINDDUN Privacy by Design framework.
More information about the framework is available on the LINDDUN website.
- Kim Wuyts, (supervisors: Wouter Joosen, Riccardo Scandariato), Privacy Threats in Software Architectures, Ph.D. Thesis, 16 January 2015
- Kim Wuyts, Riccardo Scandariato, Wouter Joosen, Empirical evaluation of a privacy-focused threat modeling methodology, The Journal of Systems and Software, volume 96, pages 122-138, October 2014
- Mina Deng, Kim Wuyts, Riccardo Scandariato, Bart Preneel, Wouter Joosen, A privacy threat analysis framework: supporting the elicitation and fulfillment of privacy requirements, Requirements Engineering Journal, volume 16, issue 1, pages 3-32, 2011
- Riccardo Scandariato, Kim Wuyts, Wouter Joosen, A descriptive study of Microsoft's threat modeling technique, Requirements Engineering, pages 1-18, December 2013
- Kim Wuyts, Riccardo Scandariato, Wouter Joosen, LIND(D)UN privacy threat tree catalog, Technical Report (CW Reports), volume CW675, Department of Computer Science, KU Leuven, September 2014
I have been a teaching assistant for the following courses:
- Methodiek van de Informatica (2006-2016)
- Software Architecture (2012, 2015-2016)
- Informatica Deel 1 (2008-2011)
- Vereistenanalyse voor complexe software systemen (2009)