Philippe De Ryck
I am currently running the Web Security Training program at iMinds-DistriNet, in order to help practitioners navigate the web security landscape. Through practical, hands-on trainings, I teach them about relevant threats, current state-of-practice security technologies, and upcoming technologies they need to keep an eye on.
I finished my PhD on client-side web security (Full title: Client-Side Web Security: Mitigating Threats against Web Sessions). During my PhD, I was the lead author of the "Primer on Client-Side Web Security", a book covering numerous client-side attacks and their countermeasures, both in state-of-practice deployments as in state-of-the-art research.
The most recent information on our Web Security training activities can be found onhttps://www.websec.be. If you are interested in organizing Web security training activities for your company, or in participating in dissemination activities, feel free to contact me.
- Lieven Desmet, Frank Piessens, Philippe De Ryck, Wouter Joosen, Rigo Wenning, Bert Bos, Stephen Farrell, Sebastian Lekies, Martin Johns, European Web Security Roadmap, Technical Report, October 2015
- Steven Van Acker, Lieven Desmet, Stephen Farrell, Martin Johns, Frank Piessens, Philippe De Ryck, Rigo Wenning, Case study 2 Report: Secure Web Architectures, Technical Report, April 2015
- Philippe De Ryck, Nick Nikiforakis, Lieven Desmet, Frank Piessens, Wouter Joosen, Protected web components: Hiding sensitive information in the shadows, IT Professional, volume 17, issue 1, pages 36-43, 04 February 2015
- Philippe De Ryck, Lieven Desmet, Frank Piessens, Wouter Joosen, SecSess: keeping your session tucked away in your browser, Proceedings of the 30th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pages 2171-2176, Salamanca, Spain, 2015
- Philippe De Ryck, (supervisors: Wouter Joosen, Lieven Desmet), Client-Side Web Security: Mitigating Threats against Web Sessions, Ph.D. Thesis, 22 December 2014