Danny Hughes a Professor with the Department of Computer Science of KU Leuven (Belgium), where he is a member of the DistriNet (Distributed Systems and Computer Networks) research group and leads the Networked Embedded Software taskforce.
Danny has a PhD from Lancaster University (UK) and has since worked as a Visiting Scholar with the University of California at Berkeley (USA), a Visiting Scholar with the University of Sao Paulo (Brazil) and as a Lecturer with Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (China). His PhD focused on Peer-to-Peer (P2P) systems and his current research is on distributed software systems and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Gowri Sankar Ramachandran, Nelson Matthys, Wilfried Daniels, Wouter Joosen, Danny Hughes, Building dynamic and dependable component-based Internet-of-Things applications with Dawn, Proceedings of the 19th International ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on Component-Based Software Engineering, issue 19, pages 97-106, Venice, 5-8 April 2016
- Wilfried Daniels, Jose Paiva Proenca, Dave Clarke, Wouter Joosen, Danny Hughes, Refraction: Low-cost management of reflective meta-data in pervasive component-based applications, Proceedings of the 18th international ACM Sigsoft symposium on Component-based software engineering, pages 27-36, Montreal, 4-8 May 2015
- Fan Yang, Nelson Matthys, Rafael Bachiller Soler, Sam Michiels, Wouter Joosen, Danny Hughes, μPnP: Plug and play peripherals for the Internet of Things, Proceedings of the Tenth European Conference on Computer Systems, Bordeaux, France, 21-24, 2015
- Pedro Javier del Cid Garcia, Danny Hughes, Sam Michiels, Wouter Joosen, Ensuring application integrity in shared sensing environments, Proceedings of the International ACM Sigsoft Symposium on Component-Based Software Engineering (CBSE 2014), Lille,France, 30 June - 3 July
- Caren Crowley, Wilfried Daniels, Rafael Bachiller Soler, Wouter Joosen, Danny Hughes, Increasing user participation: An exploratory study of querying on the Facebook and Twitter platforms, First Monday, volume 19, issue 8, pages 1-1, 01 August 2014
[G0Q43a]: Computer Networks - 2012 to present.
[H0FG7a]: Capita Selecta: Distributed Systems (IoT) - 2011 to present
[H04I0A]: Internet Infrastructure - 2013 to present
PhD students (Graduated):
PhD students (Current):
- "The Internet of Things", Knack Magazine, Belgium, 2014.
- "Smart Sensors Find Floods", Wired Magazine, UK, 2006.
- "Intelligent Sensors Watch for Impending Floods", The New Scientist, UK, 2006.